Kill process issue

Hi All,

I am using Kill process activity to close chrome browser and SAP Logon 750 application. I used the process name as it is mentioned in the task manager. But this is not working.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
Ankita Verma.

The Process Name Should not include .exe

e.g - to kill internet explorer (iexplore.exe) - In the Kill Process we Put “iexplore” in the Process Name

–
Mukesh

I am not including .exe @mukeshkala

Is any error coming or its not closing the application

No error. I simply tested the flow by opening the application but the bot did nothing and moved forward which is letting to exceptions. @prasath_S

what is the process name you are giving…

@mannu.1996.08
have a look here on killing save and defensive a process:

about the process name which application is to handle?

2 Likes

“SAP Logon for Windows(32 bit)(2) ,chrome”. This is what i saw in task manager so used the same names. @prasath_S .

One alternative Can be using the TaskKill.exe to kill the Process -
Above is to Kill the Outlook.exe

–
Mukesh

2 Likes

Thank you for this xaml file. I will check and implement this same and will update you.
Application to handle is SAP Logon 750 and a web application (service desk application) in chrome browser. @ppr

Sure. Thank you. I will try this alternative and will update you. @mukeshkala

1 Like

2 Likes

is this the expression that you are asking me to use? @ppr

No, I verified for you the different process names. The yellow marks are the process names for sap and chrome which are to be used for the kill process

1 Like

You could also do taskkill via PowerShell.

ok. Thank you. Will try this one and other suggested ways here as well. Let me see what works. @Craig_Bannerman

No worries! Never noticed the other recommendation.

But as @mukeshkala recommended, adding the “/f” after the exe name will add an additional force close encase there was any “Are you sure you want to close?” Popups appear.
So I’d recommend ensuring you include the /f

ok. Noted @ Craig_Bannerman

Hi @mannu.1996.08 - did you have any joy? Don’t forget to mark the solution as solved if you did :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.