Task Capture 2021.4 Preview Release

Task Capture 2021.4 Preview Release

Hello, everyone! :wave:

:loudspeaker: We are happy to announce the preview release of the Task Capture 2021.4 version! :partying_face:
We’ve prepared a lot of updates in order to improve your experience with the app, resolve the key pain points and provide the new capabilities that help you document your processes faster and easier!
Please check out the key changes below and feel free to share the feedback :raised_hands:

What’s new?

Interactive sign in :rocket:

You’re new to Task Capture but already have a Cloud account and want to try out the app? Make sure the “User License Management” feature is enabled and the admin assigned you the license or included you in the group that includes Task Capture. (Find out more about user licensing management here)
Now you can select the first option at the activation page, sign in using your account and start working with the application!

TaskCapture_SignIn

Redesign :paintbrush:

Task Capture is more aligned with the UiPath platform than ever! We considered your feedback and made the product more intuitive, improved the UI, updated starting experience and a lot more!

TaskCapture_Redesign21.4

Capturing Settings :gear:

Starting v2021.4 we provide you with even more control of the capturing process. Go to Settings → Capturing tab to select one of the capturing modes - Detailed or High level and configure the actions you want to record depending on your needs.
For example, we recommend you select Detailed mode if you aim to record each action and generate a skeleton for further automation in Studio.
On the other hand, if you want to focus on the key actions of the process and don’t want to record similar screenshots in order to generate an informative Process Definition Document, the better mode to capture with would be High level.
Besides, specify the hotkeys you want to use for pausing/resuming and stopping the capturing process.

TaskCapture_CapturingSettings

Support of Swimlanes :business_suit_levitating:

Need to visually distinguish responsibilities, sub-processes or job sharing on your process map? Use horizontal and vertical swimlanes to build clear and structured process diagrams. Go to the Edit menu, select the Insert swimlane option and pick up the one you need. Drag & drop elements of the diagram into the swimlane to connect them to it and move together.

TaskCapture_Swimlanes

How to get it? :wrench:

Please use the following links to download installer:

Want to find out more? :blue_book:

Please visit the official documentation portal - v2021.4, where we updated all the pages to reflect the latest changes.

Share your feedback :speaking_head:

Let us know what you think about the updates:

• Which capturing mode is best for your needs?
  • What are the properties of the swimlanes we are missing?

Found any inconsistency, bug, point for improvement? Don’t hesitate to share your insights here! :arrow_down_small:

Known Issues :bug:

If you’ve already activated Task Capture using the Community option and now signed in using the Enterprise Cloud account (or vice versa), the activation plan might not be changed in the left-side menu of the Home page. Similar behaviour of changed activation option can be observed in the integration scenarios with Automation Hub and Test Manager.
We’re aware of that and include the fix in the first patch after the 2021.4 GA release.

12 Likes

Hi Anna, the link in your post to the “Documentation portal - v2021.4” results in a 404. From the docs in UiPath Task Capture this version does not exists.

3 Likes

Hi @jvanmarion :slight_smile:
Thanks for reporting it! I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

Please check the URL now, the documentation for 2021.4 version should be available and marked as beta :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Anna,
Nice. It is working now indeed!

2 Likes

Cool stuff

2 Likes

Hi @jvanmarion, @deepak.rai6! :slight_smile:
Did you have a chance to work with the 21.4 version of Task Capture? Is there any feedback you could share with us?

Hi @Anna_Hotsa
i do have more feedback. Where can i send or post my test results?

Main PC:

Studio Pro 2021.4.0 - 4/12/2021
Community License
EXE Installer
License Provider: Orchestrator (cloud community)
Activation ID:
Update Channel: Stable
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Task Capture

License ID: xxxxxxxx
Version: 21.4 | 64 bit Exe Installer

Laptop:

Studio Pro 2021.4.1-beta.131
Community License
EXE Installer
License Provider: Internal
Activation ID:
Update Channel: Stable
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Task capture

version: 2020.4

Error exporting to UiPath Studio Pro

For example this issue:
When exporting a simple browser process from Task Capture to UiPath Studio im getting quite some errors, that the activities are missing. (when more activities are used they will also generate errors). When i search for the activities they are indeed missing.

Other projects are still running fine and the activities are present. So something in the xaml file is not converted or is having a mismatch with activities.

See screenshot about the error.
I also added the .xaml file which is generated from Task Capture. I cannot open this file in UiPath Studio. It generates errors.

The xaml file: What to mine.xaml (10.8 KB)

I could replicate the exact issue on my laptop with the “old” task capture: 2020.4. Exporting the captured process to UiPath Studio is not working.

@Anna_Hotsa
second thing is the PDD which is generated without issues, but it looks messy. Chapters should start on new pages. Don’t start a new chapter on the same page where the table of contents is.

I added some screenshots in order. If you need more info that just let me know

WINWORD_JJZYSicDMs

WINWORD_7aj6rFnZqC

1 Like

hi all i’m newbie member
nice to meet you all

Hi Anna, this new release looks great! A couple comments from me:

1. The description field on the right of the attached image is a box that has an internal scroll bar for text that overflows. There’s a lot of unused space below the box, so it would be nice to have the description field the height of the window, to avoid needing to scroll if the text is longer.

2. Is it possible to copy an action (or group of actions) from one sequence and paste it into another sequence?
    When working with multiple SMEs they’ve sometimes captured extra actions in a sequence even when the flowchart is pre-built. To then have to move the actions myself, I’m having to save the image, go to the correct sequence, insert empty action and then upload the image. I then have to manually copy the Title and Description from the old place and transfer these over as well.
    Another drawback is that by saving the image and uploading, it “hard-codes” any annotations I made beforehand.
    By being able to copy an action and paste into another sequence (with overlayed annotations, title & description) it would make working with Task Capture a lot easier.

I hope the above makes sense! Great job with the releases!

Just to update on point 2.
I see there is functionality to copy an image (action) and paste into another sequence’s empty action, but this still hardcodes any annotations and I still have to manually copy over the title & description. I don’t think there’s a way to copy multiple action images either.

There is a gap between TC’s Lane chart and Visio’s. horizontal lane and vertical Lane cannot cross.

1 Like

How can I save my company’s PDD template as. Ssword suffix?

Hi @vinay.mistry !

Thanks for sharing your feedback and apologies for the late response.
Regarding p1 - that makes sense, we’ll keep that in mind for future improvements.
Regarding p2 - yes, you can copy/paste actions or groups of actions using the hotkeys - Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V on the selected items and then selecting the destination sequence. Besides, as one of the updates, we released the ability to copy/paste diagram elements as well as actions from one Task Capture file to another (please see 21.7 preview version announcement to find out more → Task Capture 2021.7 Preview Release). Please also follow the upcoming updates as we’re working on improvements of this capability as well :slight_smile:

Hi @shirley!
Thanks for your feedback!
We decided not to limit the capabilities and make the swimlanes usage more flexible according to the user’s needs, but we’ll note it :slight_smile:
Do you have any other insights to share about the 21.4 release?

Hello @shirley!
You can save your template as the .ssword file by exporting it from Task Capture (hover over the template to see the “Export” icon). Please visit use documentation portal to find out more → Managing Word Templates

Hi @jvanmarion!
Thank you for the feedback! I assume this is something that can be achieved with the Word functionality by changing the layout of the template, but we have to dive deeper into it. Thanks!

Hi @Anna_Hotsa
I succesfully activated and accessed Task Capture using my community account.

But when I tried to activate it connected to my company’s tenant (Partner NFR tenant) I received the following error: Unable to find an active license in the server

Is enough to have an automation developer license allocated to my user?

Thanks in advance for your help