Automating SAP SuccessFactors

pHI @ashwin.ashok

I was able to reproduce and understand the issue, you have described. So, follow me:

The good news is, that SAP SuccessFactors is using SAP FIORI interface and we are able to understand/automate each and every SAP FIORI controls in very stable manner.

The bad news is, that in SAP SuccessFactors there is some kind of “extension layer” on top of FIORI, which does not allow us to get to the SAP FIORI layer during “Selection on screen”

BUT

The good news is, that we can overcome this “extension layer” with a fine tuning of the selector, that you can perform stable and reliable automation now. With the next product release I will incorporate this workaround right into product, that you do not need to think about it anymore.

Green - good SAP FIORI selector, with ui5/ui5-p attributes (see the documentation above)
Red - bad selector, this is a generic HTML stuff, which is bad for SAP automation
Blue - “extension layer” preventing us from using “Selection on screen”

Solution: grab the right green selector instead of red selector from UiExplorer and use it in your activity. Than all Dropdown boxes will work as expected.

Manual for you:

1. Drag & Drop the select item activity
  2. Go to edit selector
  3. use UIExplorer

1. Indicate element on the screen and you will get bad selector

2. replace bad selector with good selector. just 2 clicks + delete with your hand the bad one

The good selector has sap.extent.uilib… name, see the screenshot

1. all done, save the new selector

1. use the automation - we are able to use all data correctly

Solution: grab the right green selector instead of red selector (delete the red one) from UiExplorer and use it in your activity. Than all Dropdown boxes will work as expected.

PS: will fix this manual workaround for the upcoming release.

Best regards, Lev

1 Like