2019.10 Enterprise Release

Hi @mircea

Great work and Awesome features.

1 Like

Hi @MonicaJain

Please see here:

Also, the way you mentioned:

I read somewhere in the post to leave the Studio open for sometime and then restart.
It only applies to the Community Edition which has auto-update always on. The Enterprise edition does not auto-update and it requires manual installation :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Eagerly waitingā€¦

1 Like

Would be nice if UiPath will show better what is not backward compatible directly like UiPathRemoteRuntime for Citrix.
There should be a detailled list with pitfallsā€¦

2 Likes

Great newsā€¦looking forward to using 2019.10:grinning::clap::clap::clap:. 3 questions about Folders. 1. Do they replace Organization Units? 2. What happens to existing Organizational Units assuming Folders does replace them? 3. In Organization Units entities cannot be moved from one to another. Is this still true with Entities once associated to a particular folder? Thanks in advance! Paul C

2 Likes

Awesome!!! UiPath Team Always Moving forwardā€¦Iā€™m Pround to be part of this Community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is wonderful. Could you please let me know when these training in Academy will be available to learn these as well ?

Sorry if I have missed any post related to it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This information is helpful! Great work and awesome features!

Thanks,
Jyotika

1 Like

Amazing what can be delivered in such a short amount of time!!

Will make development and code control so much easier to manage :ok_hand: and debugging features will improve development time and mean less exceptions that come out in UAT! :star_struck:

2 Likes

We have installed the latest 2019.10.1 release for Studio and ever since the new release the rights of the directory C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages have changed. It requires admin rights to access the Packages folder and it is not possible to publish a package from Studio to this default location.

Is this change in the rights expected with the released 2019.10.1 enterprise studio?

2 Likes

@karges we are not seeing this problem in our environments. Could you please provide some more info:

• what Studio & UIAutomation package were used exactly before the upgrade?
  • what Firefox version are you using?

Thank you

1 Like

well as it happens often , it takes some time to recognize elements. some times it is fine once i restart firefox. initially i thought its coz of version , as it first occured once i updgraded. then i lowered the version back to 2019.4 (which is my current version) , but sitll this issue is the same. probably i can delete the post from here and write to product team.

1 Like

I upgraded from 2018.4.1 to 2019.10.1 using an .msi Installer. I am currently experiencing issues, when running older processes on a new robot. Which contradicts the backward compatibility. I was kind of hoping to run older processes via Orchestrator on a 2019.10 robot, not opening every package and republishing.

Firstly, the robot keeps ā€˜installing the packageā€™ every time it runs anything triggered via Orchestrator, which increases running time significantly. The process packages seem to be installing in C:\Users\user.name.nuget\packages, despite the fact that I installed via .msi and specifically wanted them locally on C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\Packages

Secondly, I keep getting errors like below, which to me look like the robot cannot reach the activities packages.
Cannot create unknown type '{http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities}OpenApplication'.
Cannot create unknown type '{http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities}LogMessage'.

I also cannot see my device ID in the new Studio any more.

I uninstalled UiPath from Control Panel Programs and Features before upgrading, but I guess something went wrong during the installation possibly because some files remained. Iā€™m not entirely sure. Now I have Packages both in C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\Packages and my local network folder C:\Users\user.name.nuget\packages. Is this supposed to happen?

Iā€™ve read so much about compatibility, installation and licencing, but could not quite get to the point of what it -should- be like, where the packages -should- be stored if I wanted a local installation (not a user mode).

At the moment the Enterprise Support thinks this is due to me trying to run 2019.10 process on an older robot, but to me it does not make sense, because Iā€™m trying to do the opposite.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
byuli

1 Like

this is expected, that folder is where the robot unpacks all the dependencies it needs for running a job. in the program files folder you ll find the packages installed by the msi, you can see them also in Package Manager, in Studio, under the Local feed.
for the rest of your issues, what is the status of your support ticket?

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. The support ticket status is In process.
My concern with what youā€™re saying is that despite the process packages already being installed in C:\Users\user.name.nuget\packages, the robot still ā€œinstalls packageā€ every time it runs the same process.

1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. They are automatically migrated to Classic Folders
  3. Still true for folders, but additional functionality will be added over time for folders, including move
2 Likes

If anybody is struggling with the issue of robot ā€˜installing packageā€™ or failures due to ā€˜Cannot create unknown typeā€™, this is what helped me. Check that you have a reference to a local activity feed in the Nuget.config file in the following locations:

• C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\NuGet
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio.
  • C:\Users%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\NuGet

Keep at least one feed active, if local feed is not present, add it, like so

2 Likes

There is problem coming in ā€œUiAutomationXā€ activities after the update to 1.0.2.
When I am downgrading to 1.0.1, activities are again working fine.
While upgrading you can see the errors in ā€œRedā€. Unable to find package.
Please look into the issue.

1 Like

Hi @Deepak_M

Is this still an issue for you?

2 Likes

Hi guys , iā€™m excited to see this much new features ā€¦
Where can i download the v2019.10 platform installer ?

1 Like