2018.4 Community Beta Release

please note that if you activate with a code the auto-update option is disabled

3 Likes

Hi UiP, Thanks for the amazing release.
Pl help me in figuring out the pause and resume functionality.

Thanks,
A

1 Like

When in the timeline is GIT support for version control coming?

Even as a Microsoft shop and with using Azure Devops we use GIT as the middle man. I am using TortoiseGIT but I think others on my team will work better with using studio for everything.

7 Likes

Oh wow it’s great! Glad my idea helped others.

2 Likes

Just in case anyone else is facing the same. I had multiple installs of UiPath on my machine so when I selected Beta it then reverted back to 2018.3.1 and had no option to switch back. As a result I went to add/remove programs to remove all instances of UiPath did the typical clear out of local app data and roaming app data (forgot program data). Then reinstalled using the latest version of the Installer. Opened UiPath but and selected Beta then restarted UiPath Studio but no change so restarted the machine completely and hey presto “Dark Mode” baby.

Wonder how many of the UiPath devs will use dark vs classic @ovi can you do a poll…my guess is 100% Dark :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Couple of lads there do not really fancy the Dark mode, Strange!

2 Likes

I think it’s a matter of personal preference (and maybe the time of the day when a developer works). I am more of a night owl, so Dark Theme all the way :bat: But as Florent said, I can understand some have different software tastes. (this seems like a talk about fashion haha)

3 Likes

Rookie mistake, Rich. We don’t recommend this :slight_smile:

But nice comeback, thanks for sharing, I am sure others have faced the same. :wink:

2 Likes

Well if you built the software properly it would handle multiple installs…also it would clear out the appdata so I don’t have to…automation my ar…m! :smiley:

5 Likes

Hey @Gabriel_Tatu @mircea @badita @ovi

I just Update my Version.
I get some minor issues but very useful for UI perspective and development.

With some activites i mean mostly like invoke method, while and and some more i am facing issues like when trying to write in the activity design input box it is getting covered like below snapshot in both Classic and Dark Mode.

it is overriding scrolling layout so have to use property text editor to use further extension methods.

and one more while changing or browsing Datatype of variables ok
button lable will fade away in dark mode.

Regards…!!
Aksh

6 Likes

Hi @aksh1yadav

Thanks for reporting, we’ll look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. We are using GIT as well and have a lot of manual work to make it work for UIPath. Would rather do something integrated.

3 Likes

@badita @loginerror

Just to add to this, when I open Selector’s Expression Editor its content is almost invisible like this

Once I click inside the editor then it resizes automatically and content becomes visible

Even in this the DataType shown above the text area is not visible properly.

Thanks,
Prankur

3 Likes

@PrankurJoshi

Thanks, we’ll tune it as well.

1 Like

Hey Some more :slight_smile: Screenshots :slight_smile:

datascrappingWizard

• DataScrapping Wizard - Dark Mode :slight_smile:

importnamespace

• Import Namespace Pane - Dark Mode. kind of black black ^^

-ScreenScrapping wizard Font colors - Dark Mode

screenScrapping -
In short Theme modes font colors are a kind of prob for a User interface interaction at the time of development

Regards…!!
Aksh

4 Likes

Hey! @candy25 How were you able to get it? Couldn’t find the theme selection option in the settings after switching it to beta.

Will you verify cross check your Studio version after switching to beta?

Regards…!!
Aksh

Couple of comments:

UiExplorer should also be in Dark Mode when it opens to avoid a lawsuit for blinding!

When Studio starts it’d be cool if were a dark navy rather than the UiPath blue

RD

6 Likes