2018.3 Early access - Beta release

What is the activities decoupling?

1 Like

Hi, Help link in License Details popup is not working correctly.

Hi Huston,

Help link is pointing out to: About Licensing now. Can you please confirm?

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Activities decoupling means that the old UiPath.Core.Activities package is now split into UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities and UiPath.System.Activities. They are installed by default now when you create a new project and are installed only if you used the activities they contain when you open an already created project.

Every time I start the beta, it asks me to activate even though I am provide a license. Is there anyway to stop this?

Hi Rodney,

Did you get the beta installer from this link: https://cloud.uipath.com/?

I think what happens is that you are opening the installer. Please try to open from %localappdata%/UiPath/UiPath.Studio . Let me know if this solves the issue.

Best,
Viorela

@badita @ovi and Uipath Team - :blush: Great Peace of Work… Awesome Experience I am having now with User interface :slight_smile:

Keep going…!! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Regards…!!
Aksh

Hey Aksh, we are also excited about this new release. Keep the feedback coming :slight_smile:

@ovi Yes, I did get if from the link. I should have also mentioned that the executable from the link doesn’t seem to install UiPath at all so the only option I have to start UiPath is to start from UiPathStudioSetup.

@ovi I manually created a shortcut to the path you mentioned and it works as expected. I hope activating it multiple times on the same machine didn’t count against the activations assigned to the license. :slight_smile: Thanks.

Hi @ovi, has the beta version been tested against REFramework? I tested the alpha version previously and encountered some errors.

Hello There,

Just one question in this new Beta have you tried resolving the issue that when you download and install the community edition it doesn’t create start menu shortcuts and you have to do a deep dive into app data/ folders to find the exe.

Also Apple just reached $1 trillion, Don’t you think not having a DMG installer for UIPath is hurting.

Thanks

I don’t think non-osx version of uipath is hurting at all, perhaps it is limiting uipath’s potential as far as market share among rpa platforms, but what you’re asking for doesn’t exist and never has (a mac version of uipath) , so that’s a ‘wouldn’t it be nice if’ kind of thing, but it doesn’t hurt uipath…

Also, the capabilities of uipath are enough to automate vpn/rdp session input which means technically - it is Still possible (although inefficient) to automate osx with uipath :wink:

3 Likes

Hi! What a great release! We are having some trouble connecting orchestrator and robot in the community edition though. The robot agent just says robot is unavailable, while the machine name and key is correct. Any idea what this can be? :slight_smile:

Hi @mariusscheele

Could you hover over the “Robot Unavailable” status and provide the message that will display in a tooltip?

Did you check in the activities → system → Dialog ?

if you had double clicked on the installer for the first time , please click run as administrator to avoid the issue.

cool :slight_smile:

@ovi I wonder when the Chinese version or language package will be available?

HI ,
Is there any way to set the number of lines executed because in my current use case the number of lines executed stops counting at 2000 . I have attached the screenshot for it.Please help me out in this
Capture