2 Bots on a Citrix Terminal Server(Multy Tenancy server) (Meta Frame) at the same time (High density robots)

Hello Everyone,

has anyone tried running 2 or more bots on a Multi Tenancy server and successfull with that?

We are trying currently to run 2 Bots at the same time on a same Multi Tenancy server
(with freeRDP and consolToLogin=No in Robot Settings)
Instructions followed exactly same as the links below to set up the high density Robots:

1. Windows Sessions
  2. High-Density Robots
    3.Setting Up Windows Server for High-Density Robots

The error we get is as follows.

The error says, Executor cannot be started. The requested resource is already in use.

My guess is there is some conflict between the sessions created by the technical users. It would be really helpful if anyone has the idea how to solve it.

Regards,
Ganesh

Hi @Ganesh_Hegde,
Please make sure you have separate account made for each robot as well as proper number of RDP licenses available.

1 Like

Hi @Pablito

Separate account you mean local profile instaed of roaming profile for every robot on the Multi Tenancy Server ?( there are two types of profiles for each user on Metaframe. 1 .Roaming profile, here everytime the user profile loads from the server and after every new login the old data will be deleted. 2. Local Profle: here the profile is created once and maintained for long time and the profile for each robot will be maintained) . We have enough RDP licences and account for each robot on Orchestrator.

I think it can be a roaming profile but you need to remember that it will work only on machine where there is an exact Robot installed with the setting corresponding to the Orchestrator.

Hi @Pablito

We did our analysis and found out that when the technical users are given a local admin rights of the MF server it was possible to run a Robot under freeRDP session(Settings on Orch. LoginToconsole=No. Also Bots in parallel did run) but when the technical users are not a local admins then the Robot under freeRDP session did not run. It was not possible to run a bot.

Do you know the local admin rights are necessary for the technical users to run a robot which uses freeRDP( so we can run multiple bots at a same time) ? In that case we wont be getting a permission from security team. We want to know if it is possible to run Bots in parallel ( ofcourse works only under freeRDP) without giving local admin rights to the users?

Regards,
Ganesh Hegde

Hi @Ganesh_Hegde,
This is something I could not test on my end. I think that to clarify this it would be better if you will open a ticket for our Technical Support. I just don’t want to tell you something that I’m not sure about.

We could able to make it work with the following steps without giving admin rights to the Robot users,.

In some scenarios where Citrix is used, we need to create a global security group in Active Directory Users and Computers and add the users that we want to have RDP access to the VDA.

below are the steps to add the users who require direct access to the server:

1. Create a global security group in Active Directory Users and Computers, add the users that you want to have RDP access to the VDA.
  2. Add the newly created security group to the Direct Access Users local group on the VDA.
  3. RDP to the VDA using an account that is part of the security group.

The VDA must be registered with the Controller for Domain Users to RDP. You must create a machine catalog and delivery group.

Regards,
Ganesh Hegde

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you a lot for sharing this information!