14. RPA Challenge - 4X2 - FOUR full 'client' processes to automate!

Hello everyone,

I have a difficult and lengthy challenge for you. We have devised four client processes - that very much resemble real life, and we are interested in the best solutions for automating them.

IF and ONLY IF you feel up to the task and have a lot of time to spend working on these automations, please commence by following the following steps (sic):

1. Go to http://www.acme-test.com
  2. Register
  3. Access “User Options” → “Reset Test Data” ← this will clear all your data and generate a new set. Use this option whenever you want during your development / testing / etc.
  4. Access “User Options” → “Download Client and Support” ← you will find the second application here, to be used in two of the processes. It is a Desktop app. You will also find Process Description Documents for the FOUR processes you need to automate. Read them from A to Z.

That’s it!

Only the brave will dare, only the best will finish!

Good luck,
Stefan

4 Likes

Now that’s interesting!

Quick questions:

1. Are xamls enough or are you expecting supporting documentation as well?
  2. Are custom activities allowed?
  3. Is modifying process flow (as long as all checks and results are the same) allowed?
1 Like

These are 4 long automation exercises - each will be counted as 2.

1 Like

It would be great if we can work in groups… like some moderators could lead 2 or 3 active members…

I cant automate anything at desktop app, uipath dont give me any selector …

Anyone with the same issue?? or how to fix it?

Thanks

1. Project folder (zipped) would be perfect.
  2. No
  3. To a certain extent, yes.

I don’t think you should have any issue with the Desktop app.

Stefan, can you tellme your mail to show you at hangouts??

I’ve downloaded again the .zip, and it’s still the same, i cant get any selector from this application.

Thank you!

Solved!

Just execute UiPath Studio and UIExplorer in compatibility with W7

That’s an interesting idea. Although it would make it even more like real work :stuck_out_tongue: (that’s part of the point I guess).

So just working project - ok.

1 Like

No time for this one! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey @Stefan_Vrabie ,

Here we go.
WI4GenerateYearlyReportforVendor.zip (211.8 KB)

I know it’s very late but they say it’s never late to start good work.:writing_hand:
Got some free time on the occasion of karnataka rajyotsava :fireworks::balloon::flags:
Randomly chose to have a look into 4th process :

WI4 - Generate Yearly Report for Vendor:

• Please change credential.

• Please reset the test data manually before running workflow.

• Please add your local path in workflow DownloadMonthlyReport ,
    Assign activity "reportFolderPath".

That’s pretty much it. Tested and it works like charm. :sunglasses: hahah on
UiPath CE 2017.1
windows 10 .
IE 11.674

PS: 5th process looks bit easy one compare to rest.
I think @certified can kick start with that one. :+1:

Cheers ,

2 Likes

Next…
Here we go.
WI5 - Calculate Client Security Hash
AcmeSolution5.zip (588.3 KB)

2 Likes

Next…
Here we go.
WI3 - Process Vendor Invoice
AcmeSolution3.zip (512.9 KB)

1 Like

Tried but failing at "Navigate to " on execution of 2nd iteration!

Main has thrown an exception

Source: Navigate to

Exception Type: BrowserOperationException

UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser.
at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Navigate(String bstrURL)
at UiPath.Core.Browser.Navigate(String url)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Please find attached files

!

1 Like

Try this:

No solution yet for this challenge?? :hushed:

Regards,

Hello friends!

There are now 5 Acme challenges, did anyone finish everyone?
I am having trouble with the System 3 application for WI2 items, also i was having trouble with WI1 item but i somehow managed to work around this problem.

Any one have the solution work flow to level 3 assignment no 1

1 Like

I’ve done all 5 challenges (or 4 if you don’t count the one from academy) . you can find the solutions on my github woodpecker023 (Srdjan Suc) · GitHub

Hi srdjan!

I’ve looked quite a bit on your xaml-file where you calculate the sum of transactions in the first assignment (WI1) in System3 application… Even though I seem to have identical code my selectors doesn’t turn out right…
I’m pretty clueless at the moment. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong here? This is my selector (I removed some container (< >) symbols as it wouldn’t let me paste it here otherwise):
“wnd app=‘acme-system3.exe’ ctrlname=‘ClientAccountMovemnets’ />wnd ctrlname=‘listView1’ />ctrl name='”+in_AccountNumber+“’ role=‘list’ /><ctrl name='”+item+“’ role=‘list item’ /”