13.RPA Challenge - PDF Scrapping

Hi,
I want to scrape a data table using Data Scrapping option without using Get Attribute or Check Activity , i need to get checkbox status , is it possible to get.

The above is the url, when i am extracting i’m getting all the fields except checkbox column, within ExtractData option i need to get checkbox status like false or true (or) checked or unchecked.
I tried to change extract Meta data but i’m not getting any result.

Thanks,
tej.

1 Like

https://editor.datatables.net/examples/api/checkbox.html

1 Like

Just vise versa for the above challenge,

Believe me it will be interesting,…:face_with_monocle::nerd_face:

we have to check the check boxes in the second page of the pdf based on key words list yes or no condition in the excel
we should not check the check box…if there is “No” in the excel condition sheet.
Attaching sample pdf, and Excel for conditions.
PQ Information - Copy.xlsx (11.6 KB)
304.pdf (710.5 KB)

1 Like

Here I have attached workflow please find that !
PDF Scrapping Challenge13.zip (2.3 MB)

2 Likes

Anyone got the time to help with this challenge? I can’t seem to find a good way to scrape this dummy pdf, and what worked for getting the unit number once ends up not working when i run process next time. I’ve used screen scraping and dragged firstly around the unit number (423), I then get a “Get visible text” activity. For the Boxes I’ve tried scraping with OCR Teserract (dragging a rectangle around the whole “table”), trying to get like a nice table similiar to the one @beesheep found in his example above (I couldnt check out his workflow since it was pretty outdated and mostly made me confused). What scale do you guys suggest for this scraping? I’m using acrobat reader dc to view the document.

Also, I saw people using “Send hotkey” and using “down” several times. I’m guessing this is to navigate in the document somehow? Would really appreciate some help, as it seems like a really good exercise to understand.